Friday, October 20, 2006

ICQ. Does this three letters remind you of the sound of "POttTTtt" when you start to log in, the sound of "glass breaking" when there is a triggering for autorization, and the sound of "Oh OuH" when there is incoming message from friends? I still recall the old time when we use our invisible list to block whoever that we doesn't want to talk to, and add our best buddies into our visible list so we are visible to them even though we are in "invisible" mode. Isn't that fun? As time pass by, MSN overtake what we use to have... our ICQ friend. Is is just because we could not send emoticons using our ICQ friend, but there is still an advantage of ICQ is that we can leave an offline message to our ICQ friend but not in MSN 7.0, and sad to say Window Live Messenger is not compatible with my Windows XP(genuinne copy with lisence). So,it is time for all us to turn on our ICQ 5 once again and start to enjoy what we use to do in the 90's. Those were the sweet old time...

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I LOVED ICQ! HAHAHAHA
and also mIRC!
The reason why ICQ lost out to MSN was because our list of contacts can not be retained if we used another computer.... we always have to add ppl again if I use a new computer...
thats why MSN jumped right ahead...
haih sad.......i miss icq! AKA...
I SEEK YOU.

Unknown said...

hahaha i see my nick name !

lurker said...

ur ori window kenot support? did u update your window to sp2 or not ah???
lol

Chin Pui Kwan said...

Dawn: I MISS ICQ so much, remind me of our childhood memories in high school. hehehe..

Tien Sheng: Yea~! Of course your nick is in there since you always online day and night, perhaps 24 hours a day? :P

Lurker: Yup, I am using SP2, did update but there is once I cant get thru the update, then it start to make my W. Live Msgr hanged and cant login, now I am using the W. Msgr Version 7.5 If upgrade to W. L. Msgr hang again and cannot log in. Sad thing :(